Subscribe Now

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How Mr Kate Moss gets dressed


He's best known as Mr Kate Moss but behind the supermodel lays a rocker with just as much to say about style as his sartorially-lauded other half.

Whilst his wife could pull off a scabby bin bag with aplomb, Jamie Hince isn't so lucky. "Hoodies. Can't do that. Trainers. I can't wear trainers. They look good on the shelf, but as soon as I put on a pair of trainers, I'm disgusted," he tells the September issue of Esquire . He's had his fair share of awkward style moments too, citing a childhood spent in jeans with elasticated waistbands and clothing knitted by his mum.

IN PICTURES: Kate Moss and Jamie Hince's wedding

Now, having found his fashion path, he opts for the heritage look: "I just know what I like. I love that real old English thing, like Richard E Grant in Withnail and I . What a brilliant look - a high-waisted girl's coat with pleats!" That will explain why he's been spotted in some of his wife's threads then.

His ultimate style icon, he says, was the late artist Lucian Freud. "He always looked immaculate. We went to see him when he was ill in bed, and even then, at the age of 80-odd, and in just his pyjamas, he still looked completely incredible."

But despite being married to arguably the world's most famous model and style icon and mingling with the industry's biggest names, Hince is still not completely at ease with the fashion world, saying he feels "f**king stupid" if he finds himself front row without his wife by his side: "The show thing I find awkward. Why am I sitting there in the front row, unless I'm with my wife?"

Don't worry Jamie, whenever you feel that way just remember you're the man who gets to go home to Kate Moss and we're pretty sure you won't feel "f**king stupid" for long.

The full interview appears in the September issue of Esquire, on sale August 2. Also available as a digital edition.


Via: How Mr Kate Moss gets dressed

0 comments:

Post a Comment