Subscribe Now

Friday, August 3, 2012

Still Styled to Rock? Henry Holland and Nicola Roberts take our style challenge


After August 12 there will be no more Olympic nail art to enjoy, no abundance of toned abs to marvel at, and no supermodels to spot in the stands … so thank god for Rihanna, and her new fashion talent TV show, Styled to Rock , to keep us sartorially entertained well into the new season.

READ: Olympics fashion latest

The Bajan popstar, who is also the show's executive producer, is on the hunt for undiscovered fashion talent in London and has invited 12 unknown designers to take part in creating outfits for various pop personalities. Each week a designer is knocked out and the finale will see two designers battle it out to create a stage outfit for Miss RiRi herself.

WATCH: Rihanna's new TV show teaser

Rihanna has called upon her stylist Lysa Cooper, designer Henry Holland and Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts to front the show and judge the talent. Henry, a self-confessed Big Brother fan, who started his own label, House of Holland, six years ago says the show is the sort he would "watch religiously", while Nicola, who was hand-picked by Rihanna to feature in the series says the singer is "really fun, really lovely" and is "passionate about the whole process."

The Telegraph was invited to meet Henry and Nicola, so we used the opportunity to dig out old photos of the duo and critique each other's looks...

TAKING ONE FOR THE BAND

PHOTO: Rex
Henry on Nicola's look circa 2003 (after much giggling): There's a good story behind this: the reason I have chosen this is because when I worked at Smash Hits magazine I did a 'Get the Look' on this particular outfit and I did an itemised way of how to get this look from Nicola. So I went and found a top - this was my job! - I found little blue wristbands; I found a white belt like this - god knows from where - and I did all the different pieces.
Nicola on her outfit: It's so funny because when we first got into the band I was seventeen so you're aware of clothes and how you feel in clothes but not aware of fashion. That to me is totally being dressed by a stylist, trusting a stylist, and taking one for the band.

THE GLASTONBURY

PHOTO: Rex
Nicola on Henry's festival style: This outfit, oh my god, you are so doing it for me. I think that your legs look amazing and that the colour pop of pink is just so pretty and fresh and summery, and I love the collaboration between the monochrome and the blast of colour pop. The quiff's looking particularly fresh. I also love the tribal bangles.
Henry: I'd blown up two people's winnebagoes' electricity doing my hair that day.

NICOLA'S MISH-MASH

PHOTO: Rex
Henry: For me, this is Nicola now, and I love it. It's really her and it's a real mish-mash of things which shouldn't work but really does and I also chose this because I saw this on a best-dressed list and I thought that was really wrong ("Did you?!" Interjects a wide-eyed Nicola). I really like that's it you with your hair, and less fake tan and it's more like you as a grown-up.
Nicola: I really am not afraid to try things at all. I actually get more enjoyment out if it when things don't necessarily work together, that feeds my creative level and my eye for fashion. I li ke when it has a direction. I can't quite say why, but I thought that it looked quite good together.

THE 'HAGGY'

PHOTO: Rex
Nicola: This is at the height of Haggy, where they were doing a Posh'n'Becks (lots of giggling). I think they complement each other brilliantly. I love the fact they have the same print on. She [Agyness Deyn] looks incredible; her body in that looks amazing, she looks so striking and I love the fact that Aggy's hair is down and Henry's is slapped up. I love the mis-match of colour and that Henry's got a rucksack and his little slippers.
Henry: This was all my collection; we only had one suit and we shared it - that's a joke - it looks like that though! We look like Jedward!

Styled to Rock starts August 14 on Sky Living HD at 9pm.


Via: Still Styled to Rock? Henry Holland and Nicola Roberts take our style challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment