Subscribe Now

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Inside Jacquetta Wheelers fairytale wedding


Hot on the heels of heiress Margherita Missoni's recent wedding , Jacquetta Wheeler has tied the knot with her own beau, Allsopp.

The statuesque model, who was discovered by photographer Mario Testino, picked designer friend Alice Templerley to design her fairytale gown.

IN PICTURES: Stylish brides through history

"She wanted a really soft, delicate dress," Temperley told American Vogue , who chronicle the big day in the latest issue.

It took ten embroiderers in Mumbai a month to create the appliquéd tulle dress, bolero and veil, which featured artwork such as forget-me-nots, dog roses and "Wheeler wheels" from in and around Wheeler's family castle.


PHOTO: US VOGUE/ Robert Fairer

Ah, the venue: unsurprisingly, the couple tied the knot at Chilham Castle, the 15th century estate bought and painstakingly renovated ten years ago by Wheeler's parents, Stuart Wheeler and Tessa Codrington.

"T'was the happiest night of my life indeed" Jacquetta, 30, wrote on her blog . "I loved my dress that Alice made for me more than anything else (apart from my husband!), I could have floated around in it for weeks. I keep dreaming I am still in it! And of course having all the people I love most in one place was beyond special."

Hiring the company who managed the pyrotechnics for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations for their fireworks, guests then revelled the night away well into the early hours in a Moroccan-themed nightclub-come-souk.


PHOTO: US VOGUE/ Robert Fairer


Via: Inside Jacquetta Wheelers fairytale wedding

0 comments:

Post a Comment