Subscribe Now

Monday, July 30, 2012

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Ive wanted to design ever since I can remember


An intricately embroidered bra-strap and a cup embellished with a cut-out trim poke out provocatively from a lilac ballet cardigan; admittedly, that's all we know about Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's design debut for Marks & Spencer so far, but we're certain it's worth the wait.

The Devonian graces the September cover of UK Elle and the Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel and Dior pieces she sports have been paired with the first fruits of her labour as an underwear designer.


Photo: David Vasiljevic/ ELLE

"I've wanted to design ever since I can remember and I fell into modelling through wanting to design and then, through my modelling career I modelled a lot of lingerie..." explains Rosie, 25, whose stints modelling for Agent Provocateur, US lingerie giant Victoria's Secret and Monsoon lingerie put her good stead.

PICTURES: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's rise to fashion fame

"My top goal is for it to be accessible and appealing to everybody, I didn't design it for just me" she says of the range for the high street retailer, which is due to land in stores this autumn.

Following in the footsteps of fellow supers-turned-lingerie-moguls Elle Macpherson, Gisele Bündchen and Bar Refaeli whilst simultaneously exploring her horizons an actress, it seems Rosie might be keen to shed her model tag - a career she fought so hard to carve for herself.

"I wasn't quite tall enough either and I hated it to be honest" she says of struggling to make it in the fashion world. "There was no individuality, no opportunity to be individuals. I think that people forget you're human and you just become an object. I was constantly reminded that I wasn't right wherever I went and that was difficult because I'd come from a place where it didn't matter."

READ: Meet Florence Huntington-Whiteley, Rosie's little sister

Currently filming Mad Max: Fury Road and with a debut listing in the Sunday Times Rich List with a cool £5 million, Huntington-Whiteley certainly has bigger aspirations than being a mere clotheshorse for the rest of her years. She openly admits that her fear of failure is her biggest fear in life. "That's probably where my drive comes from" she says. With a face like that, we're pretty sure she can do anything and succeed.

Full interview in the September issue of ELLE, on sale Wednesday, August 1.


Via: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Ive wanted to design ever since I can remember

0 comments:

Post a Comment